Consumer perspective sought for Primary Care Taskforce
The CCN (Canterbury Clinical Network) is seeking consumers to contribute their experiences, knowledge, ideas and perspectives to the Primary Care Taskforce and associated subgroups of work.
The PCTF is providing leadership to initiatives or models of care that improve access to our populations most at need by relieving primary care capacity pressures, with an initial focus on improving access to general practice services. The current priorities of the Taskforce are:
- Reviewing responses to a recent general practice survey, to guide the current and future priorities of the PCTF.
- Exploring opportunities to increase the uptake of pharmacists working in general practice to provide people / whānau with more comprehensive care.
- Reducing the administration burden on general practitioners by increasing the uptake of alternative approaches to managing their clinical inbox.
- Exploring ways to retain the workforce in general practice.
Consumer perspectives are sought for the PCTF, and the group’s various priority areas of work.
The Terms of Reference can be found here and more information about the PCTF can be found here.
PCTF meetings are currently monthly for one hour, Tuesdays 11am -12 midday. Meetings for the various priority areas of work are varied, based on need. Remuneration will be as per the CCN Remuneration Policy.
We welcome expressions of interest from consumers that:
- Bring a diversity of age, cultural backgrounds and lived experiences.
- Are well-connected to the community or other consumer networks.
- Are committed to engaging with and communicating between consumer networks and the PCTF.
- Able to actively contribute to a group environment and work constructively with others.
An understanding of the following would be an advantage:
- What influences people / whānau access to care.
- Primary care, including general practice.
- How the various parts of the health system influence access to and capacity of primary care.
If you would like to express your interest in participating in the PCTF or nominate a peer, please complete the expression of interest form and return via email to email@example.com by Monday 17 July 2023.
About the Author