Community Services Redesign Recommendations
Community Services SLA Chair, Donna Hahn presented a Community Services Redesign Model to the Alliance Leadership Team (ALT) at their September meeting.
ALT heard that since 2008, when Canterbury’s community services were significantly redesigned to embrace an alliancing model, there have been significant achievements such as more people older people living in their own homes, fewer acute medical bed days and fewer ED attendances.
A recent redesign process has been undertaken to further improve the patient journey and address the expanding needs of growing ageing and complex needs populations. ALT endorsed the redesign recommendations:
- one true single point of entry to services;
- assignment of navigators/advocates when appropriate;
- carer supports put in place at the point of the patient’s entry into community services;
- one assessment of the patient; goal-centred support planning;
- one platform for electronic records visible to all members of the care team; and
- regular and timely reviews of the patient’s support.
Click here to view the flowchart
About the Author